We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Getaround (formerly Nabobil) is the world's leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
The Sustainability squad:
- The sustainability squad is a new effort with a mission to maximize the positive impact of carsharing on climate and cities. The first objective will be to make the usage of EVs as convenient and reliable as Gas cars on the platform.
- The team is composed of a Product Manager, a backend developer, 2 mobile developers, and a data analyst. Our objective is to find a Product Designer and a Fullstack Engineering Manager that will work on these objectives.
- Design the most impactful and intuitive features that our users will love.
- As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, owning the experience for a wide area of the Getaround product and making a strong impact on our company strategy.
- Partner with the rest of the Sustainability squad to engage in our efforts on sustainability and to accelerate the transition to an all-electric platform before 2040.
What you'll be working on:
- Lead all phases of our Design process by overseeing ideation, user flows, top notch UI and user testing.
- Help define the vision, priorities & goals for each project working hand in hand with product managers (challenge product strategy and user needs).
- Collaborate with the engineering team to ship a well crafted and cohesive experience on both on our website and mobile apps.
- Participate in shaping Getaround’s Design culture and collaborate on building our global design system.
Who you'll be working with:
- You'll work with our talented Product Design team including Product designers, Brand designer and User Researcher, reporting directly to Solène our Head of Product Design.
- As part of the 25 person Product team, you’ll work closely with the Product Managers, as well as with Data Analysts and Developers, inside your squad.
- You’ll also work autonomously on longer term design vision projects.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 5 years of experience as a designer (or at least 2 years of experience as a Product Designer in a product-driven company).
- You know what shipping and maintaining a real-world product means.
- Experience & passion building mobile apps.
- You are constantly on the look-out for great & innovative services.
- You are eager to know the user at your fingertips through user research.
What we offer:
- Getaround Europe is a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with an office in Oslo and global headquarters in San Francisco. Our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria.
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- A place to learn and grow: weekly 1:1 meetings with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to Udemy (learning platform), plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve.
- A competitive salary based on your level of experience.
- This position is based in our Oslo office (at Møllergata (tram Stortorvet / metro Stortinget) with a remote friendly policy.
- A company culture that seeks to reinforce Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion thanks to a dedicated task force. A work environment where you’re empowered and can be authentic
- Free lunch at the office
- The latest Apple equipment
- Unlimited 400 kr vouchers for your Getaround bookings