The prices you set are the base from which we’ll calculate what the driver will pay and how much you will earn. You always get 79% of the price you set, the remaining 21% being the Getaround’s service fees.
You can find more information on what the driver pays here.
When listing your car, we ask you to pick a price per day for your car. This is the base on which all your rental prices will be calculated.
We will then use your price per day to calculate hourly rates for shorter rentals (lasting 8 hours or less). The first hour costs the renter 45% of your price per day. Each additional hour increases the price linearly until the 9th hour, at which point the price for 1 full day is charged.
NB: the hourly prices can't be edited, but you can choose not to allow hourly rentals by customising your rental conditions.
For insurance reasons we don't count half days, only full days can be taken into account (except for rentals lasting less than 4 hours). One rental day is 24h, with 2 hours flexibility, so here are how the rental days are counted:
*For example: A rental starting on a Friday at 1pm and ending on the next Sunday at 2pm will count as 2 days (49 hours). A rental starting on a Friday at 1pm and ending on the next Sunday at 4pm will count as 3 days (51 hours).