If you cancel a rental:
When you accept a rental, you commit to providing a car to the driver. As a consequence, fees may apply if you cancel. The amount of these fees depends on when you cancel the rental:
- 25€/£ if you cancel more than 48 hours before the rental
- 50€/£ if you cancel less than 48 hours before the rental
- 100€/£ if you cancel at the last minute (you don’t show up to the check-in or you leave your Getaround Connect car locked by key)
In case of repeated and/or unjustified cancellations, measures can be taken up to suspending your account.
If the driver cancels a rental:
If the driver cancels at the last minute, you may be eligible for compensation depending on the circumstances.
You are not entitled to compensation if:
- The driver cancels within the grace period (more than 48 hours before the rental, or within one hour after they booked).
- The rental is cancelled due to a case of force majeure.
- The rental is cancelled because of technical issues or because the driver’s profile couldn’t be verified.
- You are responsible for the cancellation (your car is no longer available, the driver cannot access it or it won’t start, you fail to show up for the check-in, etc.).
If a compensation does apply, the amount you receive depends on the timing of the cancellation:
- Less than 48 hours before the rental: you receive one half of your expected earnings. The driver receives a partial refund.
- After the rental was supposed to start: you are paid in full. The driver receives no refund.
To cancel a rental, go to Your Rentals > select the rental > Cancel the rental.
Fees and/or refunds are calculated automatically upon cancellation, but you have the option to contest them under certain conditions.
You can also opt to waive your compensation as a gesture to the driver.
For rentals booked before 10/07/2020, the following cancellation conditions apply:
- Cancellations within 4 hours of booking or up to 48 hours before the rental are fully refunded to the driver.
- If the driver cancels outside of this period and if the cause of the cancellation does not exempt them from fees (see rules above), you will receive 50% of your expected earnings for up to the first 7 days of the rental. Any remaining duration will be fully refunded to the driver.