You can build up credit on Getaround, in particular through the referral programme.
This credit can be used when making a booking, either when you pay for the rental or when you select your excess reduction options. However, you can't use your credit to pay for an excess reduction option once the booking has been made.
Credit can be valid from a few days to a year depending on the reason of obtention. As an example, referral credits last for a year.
How it works:
- You are free to decide which rentals you wish to use credit for.
- If you choose to use your credit for a rental, we will deduct the maximum credit available to reduce the rental cost.
- If the rental total is less than the amount you have in credit, your remaining credit will be kept for future rentals.
- You will always have to pay at least £1 using your payment method, regardless of how much credit you have available.
For example, if you have £40 credit and want to book a rental costing £30:
- You only pay £1 with a payment method in your name.
- £29 of your credit is used for the remainder of the payment.
- You have £11 remaining credit, to use for a future rental.