Providing invoices to drivers

Article updated on 06/05/2022

If you are a professional in the UK, you should invoice the service you provided to the driver.

The amount paid by the driver to you is the amount you should invoice. You will find this information in Your payments > Completed transfers > Receipts.


Don’t forget to mention all the rental details available on the receipts such as name of the driver, car details, rental mileage and dates, etc. The receipts are available in Your payments > Completed transfers > Receipts.


Steps to create your invoice:

Let’s take an example of a rental where the driver paid £56*:

For a car registered in the UK:

If you are exempt from paying VAT, your invoice should only show the rental amount. In this example, £56.

If you are subject to VAT, your invoice must include the taxable amount, the amount of the tax and the total amount including tax. VAT rate: 20%.

       - Taxable amount = 56/1,20 = £46,67

       - VAT Amount : £46,67 * 20% = £9,33

       - Amount including Tax = 46,67£ + £9,33 = £56

Here's the invoice template you can download to create yours.

** Excluded extra expenses such as CDW, penalty and damage costs, which won’t appear in the transaction receipt.

This article contains information specific to a particular country of registration. Refer to the international version of this article for other cases.

Did you find this article useful?