By renting out their car on Getaround, an owner commits to ensuring their car is safe and in good condition. While Getaround can’t check every single vehicle manually, we do insist that our partners meet certain requirements:
- Always keep their calendar up to date, and not cancel rentals. If an owner cancels your rental, find out how to find a new car here.
- Answer your requests as soon as possible. If an owner doesn’t respond, here are our tips on what to do.
- Use our suggested price system so that their rental prices remain reasonable.
- Be specific about where their car is parked. You should also remember to return it to where the owner instructs you to (more information here).
- Provide clean and safe cars. You should also return the car clean.
- Give cars with the fuel tank at least ¼ full. You should also return the car with at least as much fuel as at the start.
Your safety is our priority, so you’ll be able to review the car and the owner after your trip. We immediately remove any car that is reported unsafe by one of our users.
If you have a breakdown during your trip, roadside assistance is there to help you 24/7: they’ll take care of you and the passengers in the car. You can find our assistance phone number here.