Here are some tips for taking great photos:
- Keep it clean: wash your car before taking photos.
- Framing: take a 3/4 shot from the front, a 3/4 shot from the back and one of the inside from the boot. Try to fit the whole car into the photo, as photos with too much zoom do not provide a good overview.
- Light: try to find a setting with good light. If necessary, use the flash on your camera to remove shadows. Take the photos with the sun behind you to avoid a back-lit photo. Don't take the photos in a car park.
- Colours: if your car is a light colour (white, grey), try to find a dark background, such as bushes or trees. On the other hand, if your car is dark (dark blue, black), try to take the photos against a light background.
- What not to do: don't use photos that are too dark or too blurry, or that have too much zoom.
- Tip: to avoid showing your number plate, tape a sheet of paper over the top. You can also pixelate or remove it using basic photo editing software (e.g. Paint, Keynote, PowerPoint).
By following this advice, you can improve your chances of reaching the top of the search results, giving you the best chance of hiring out your car on a regular basis!