Back to jobs listings
Senior Product Manager – Search & Pricing
Product Management - Paris - Full-time
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is now part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's leading carsharing platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
- You'll be the PM leading the ‘Marketplace Dynamics’ squad,whose mission is to maximize the long term revenue of the marketplace. Your squad specifically leverages two core components of our platform to achieve this mission: search & pricing.
- You’ll set the product strategy and empower others to come up with great solutions. As the owners of your roadmap, you and your teammates will be responsible for translating the company's strategic goals into an action plan.
- You’ll aim for the optimal outcome on the company Objectives and Key Results: the value delivered to our business and our users matters more than the number of releases shipped.
- You’ll drive your teammates through the full product cycle: problem identification, user research, ideation, design, development, and launch.
- You’ll be responsible for delivering high quality features both to our website and mobile apps.
What you'll work on:
- You’ll have a direct and strong impact on key company business metrics: revenue per available hour, repeat and retention rates. A few examples of the challenging problems you’ll be tackling together:
- dynamically optimising the price for any car, in any place, at any time — you’ll iterate on our core model of ‘Smart Pricing’ and design clever ways to boost the adoption of our price recommendations.
- constantly improving ourpricing structure to fit our target mobility use cases — you’ll aim for clarity, competitiveness and flexibility.
- designing compelling interfaces to enhance conversion rates — you’ll experiment both on the booking and car acquisition funnels, two critical parts of our apps.
- efficiently matching demand with available supply through our search algorithms — you’ll look for ideas that elegantly scale, by caring specifically about computation speed at large volumes.
Who you'll work with:
- In Europe our product & engineering team is made of 3 PMs, 5 Product Data Analysts, 2 Data Scientists, 3 Product Designers, and 23 Engineers.
- You’ll report to Charles, our Head of Product Management
- You’ll work hands in hands with Adem, our Head of Pricing and Marketplace Analytics
- You’ll drive a squad of 6 talented developers (2 dedicated and 4 shared with other squads), a product designer and two data scientists
What you'll bring to the table:
- Experience: you’ve already worked at least 5 years in product management. Bonus points if you’ve worked on complex algorithms and/or on machine learning projects.
- Data-savviness: you understand how databases work and you’ve successfully used data to analyse problems and to define requirements. Bonus points if you can write basic SQL queries autonomously.
- Communication: you’re excellent at summarizing any problem and at explaining the big picture, both in written and verbal form. You share information proactively.
- Business sense: you understand the business model of marketplaces and are keen to have a major impact on the company’s economics.
- Project management: you’ve proved that you can successfully drive large projects involving lots of stakeholders.
- Fluency in English: you can work in English on a daily basis.
- Environmental awareness: you have a strong desire to make our cities better places to live by transforming mobility.
- 👉 If your profile doesn't check all of the above yet, you can still apply and we’ll let you know if we think this position can be a good fit for you.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to have a positive impact on climate change. Cars are responsible for 17% of carbon emissions. In France, an independent study has shown that each connected car shared on Getaround replaces more than 4 self-owned cars.
- A place to learn and grow: weekly 1 on 1 meetings with your manager, frequent 360° feedback from your teammates, personal objectives to develop your potential, unlimited access to LinkedIn learning, optional group training, plus a team wiki that you’ll contribute to improve
- A competitive salary based on your level of experience
- An international team and company: our product is live in the US, France, Norway, Germany, the UK, Spain, Belgium and Austria. We have headquarters in San Francisco and European offices in Paris and Oslo
- A remote friendly policy: this position is based in our Paris office with up to 2 days of remote work per week (we’re also open to full remote applications). Like all our employees you’ll get a monthly subsidy to cover part of your work-related expenses at home
- A company culture that seeks to reinforce Diversity, Equity and Inclusion thanks to a dedicated task force. A work environment where you’re empowered and can be authentic
- A Swile lunch card
- The latest Apple equipment
- Unlimited €30 vouchers for your Getaround bookings
- One conference ticket every year to attend the event of your choice
- Meal vouchers
- Health insurance
What the hiring process looks like:
- Say hello by applying below. Briefly tell us about what you're most proud of in your previous product work.
- An interview with your future manager to discuss your past experience, assess your motivation and answer the questions you might have about this position.
- A fully remote case study to evaluate your product skills.A video-call to present your case study and answer our follow up questions.
- An interview with two of your future data and/or engineering teammates from the Marketplace Dynamics squad to assess if you’d enjoy working together.
- An interview with someone outside the Product & Engineering departments, to appreciate how you fit with our company culture.
- An interview with Raphaël, our VP of Product, Data and Design, to complete our evaluation of your profile.
Usually, this whole process takes around 3 weeks. If everything goes well, we’ll ask for a few references at the end of the process to get additional feedback from some of your former colleagues.